1. New species of octopus discovered:
Ghost-like octopod nicknamed Casper found in Pacific ocean off the coast of Hawaii.
2. This guy is actually a squid not an octopus. But he’s real cute:
This creature is called the Stubby Squid. His latin name is Rossia pacifica.
Here is another Stubby Squid who almost looks like a hologram. (source)
3. Scientists are considering naming this tiny deepwater octopus “Opisthoteuthis adorabilis”
4. Here’s the funny story of Inky the Octopus’s daring escape:
It was an audacious night time escape.
Inky (a common New Zealand octopus about the size of a soccer ball) waited until the cover of darkness, then busted out through a small gap in the top of his tank at the National Aquarium of New Zealand.
Octopus tracks suggest he quietly slithered eight feet across the floor, to where he knew the opening of a drainpipe was. He proceeded to slide down the 164-foot-long drainpipe and then jumped into Hawke’s Bay and disappeared. –New York Times
5. lil octopus rapidly changing his skin colors